Samsung Galaxy S may be an old device, but for owners who loves tinkering and enjoys customization, Slim Bean is one of the best sources for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Slim Beam Custom ROM features:
New Slim Sizer
New Root function for SlimFileManager
New extended Quick Settings style options
New Notification and Lock screen shortcuts
Updated Dash Clock
Changeable Notification behavior
NFC Polling Mode: AOKP version
New low battery indicator options
New scenes and focus modes for the camera app
New exposure and jpeg quality for video capture
Warning: This is a custom ROM. Developers would not be held responsible for any damages to your device. Make sure to create a backup of your files and research about the Slim Bean ROM. Do this at your own risk.
1. Create a backup for your SMS, Contacts, APN and data files.
2. Make sure to have at least 80 per cent battery level to prevent interruption during the flash.
3. Enable the "USB Debugging" option on your device.
4. Download and install a ROM Manager app for easier installation.
5. Install a custom recovery on your device such as ClockworkMod recovery.
6. Download the Slim Bean ROM 4.2.2 for Galaxy S and the Google Apps Package on your computer.
1. Connect the Galaxy S to the computer via USB cable.
2. Copy the Slim Bean and Google Apps files on the device's SD card. Just paste them on the SD card root directory.
3. Turn off the device and disconnect from the computer.
4. Enter into the Recovery mode.
5. Inside the CMW, perform a full data wipe and then "flash zip from SD card".
6. Select "choose zip from SD card"
7. Choose the "Android 4.2.2 ROM" zip file you have downloaded earlier.
8. Use the same with the "Google Apps Package".
9. After the installation, go back and "reboot system now".
You are all done and updated your Samsung Galaxy S to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean using the Slim Bean custom ROM.
credit goes to http://au.ibtimes.com